Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Two days work(complications)

     Stiffly, the man in the suit begins walking. He goes out of frame and comes back a few seconds later, suddenly filling the whole screen. He disappears and returns at the opposite side of the room again.
     Fred felt his conscious mind beginning to melt away. Physical will was replaced by a longing for rest. His sense of time was inconsistent. It seemed to spurt out and then start dripping like a hose that had been bent. That wasn't completely the effect of the sluggish state of mind that was easing him into a deep sleep.
     He suddenly realized what was happening and stood up on wobbly legs. In an effort to regain his consciousness, he made himself start walking around the rectangular establishment. The informal one arched his back and blearily opened his eyes.
     A quiet clipping noise, like the sound of high heels on concrete. It's quiet, but I still notice it. The noise gets louder as the high heels lady comes closer. It somehow has a different quality from everything else. Maybe it's constant regularity. It gets louder than ever, then almost disappears. A few seconds later, I start to hear it again.
     I am laying down on my face and I open my eyes. There is a lady who goes by. She fades away, and then returns as a horse with two legs. The optical manifestations are all different, but the noise is the same.
     There is an echo now. And everything is gone. It's all a strange landscape of shades of red. They are moving synchronous to the sound. A sensation is suddenly present. It feels too far away, but it's connected somehow. I realize it's my hand. The other hand fades into my version of reality. Then my legs. Then my face. I open my eyes. A shiny black shoe flies right by my face.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment