Saturday, May 9, 2015

In a sweaty room

A moving figure entered my vision and I recognized the camera man's posture. He had the camera pointed at me. Slightly annoyed that he hadn't bothered too ask to film me, I gave him a jerky, cut-off half wave with my fingers. The camera held still for a moment, then he brought his arms down, holding it with his right hand and started walking around the room.
    He too was looking and failing to find anything interesting in this almost featureless room. My arms were damp with sweat.
     The scene, cropped into a rectangle is almost motionless. It sways just about imperceptibly. Two men are sitting at the far end of the room. They are only a few feet apart from each other. One is dressed rather casually in sweats and a black shirt. The other is in a business suit. His hair is the tangled ghost of a sharp haircut.
     The one in sweats sways restlessly, legs drawn up to his chest. There is no expression on his face, but he somehow still seems to be conscious and sane. Business suit man is also rather restless, but that can only be seen just barely in the beat he is tapping out with his shoe.
     The whole room turns on it's side with a rustle and a dull plastic sound. Everything is a blur again and then the camera is focusing on the two men. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment